Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Long time, no blog!

Hello there...it has been a while...and I simply chose not to blog for a while.  I don't ever want to feel like I have to blog; I want it to be fun to write about what is going on with our lives and what God is teaching us.  And I don't want it to ever take precedence over anything else going on in life, and January was a month of a couple of exciting as well as time consuming events-taking over as a co-leader of the Titus Bible study I have been attending for a while, getting to travel to Hawaii and California, and my son's 4th birthday.  And keeping us most busy is, we are seriously preparing for our move to Zambia, Africa come this September.  We have been busy writing our support letter, preparing for our home study (which will get us U.S. clearance to adopt), trying to figure out where we will live over there, researching flights, preparing necessary paperwork, and praying fervently over every step.
And if that doesn't sound like a full enough month, my husband is still working his normal 24 hours on/48 hours off firefighter schedule (getting no sleep I might add and coming home very groggy!) and I am busy caring for, playing with, and teaching Ev and Alea.
But I really do want to do a better job of documenting all of the fun that we have, all that God teaches us daily, all of our struggles, and this journey of moving to Africa to work with the Give Life Project and adopt a child.  So...be ready!  Hope you come and check out all the posts coming your way!  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment