Saturday, April 26, 2014

Easter Sunday in Zambia

Our Easter celebration in Zambia was definitely different than our normal American one, but the reason to celebrate is the same no matter where we are.  God sent His one and only son to die a gruesome death on the cross only to rise on the 3rd day, defeating death, and making the only way for us to have a relationship with Him in this life and in the next.  I cry tears of sadness and joy every year as I ponder this great sacrifice and the amazing love shown through it.
We decided to head out to the International Bible College of Zambia for their Easter service as our dear friends, the Miller family, had just arrived from America to start their missionary work there for the next 3 years.  My parents were here visiting, so they came along obviously, as well as the Smith family, who we serve alongside here in Chongwe.  It was such a treat to worship as a mix of Zambians and Americans.  As my dad notes, there is something very spiritual and touching about the way they sing and praise God here.  No fanfare or anything fancy, just simple and soulful.  I will post the clip I took on Facebook, couldn't get it to go on here! :(


After the service, I attempted to get a few pics of the kiddos, but they were way to excited to play with the Smith and Miller kids to stop and actually pose for me.  Oh well. Such is life.






We were able to have my dad snap some pictures of the 3 families all from Ankeny Free Church that are serving here in Zambia after our picnic lunch of pbj's, chips, and apples.  Can't believe we got a few with everyone looking and smiling!




And after arriving back in Chongwe, we got one family pic before my kids crashed after a busy morning of fun.



I will always remember our Easter in Zambia.  Praise God for giving us the reason for this day of celebration.

“I am the resurrection and the life.  Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26

No comments:

Post a Comment