Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Musical Monday: "You Won't Relent"

There is not much to say about this song, except for "wow".  It is called, "You Won't Relent" and it is written by Misty Edwards.  The version I am posting tonight comes from Jesus Culture.  Take this time and just listen to this song.  Let it remind you of God's intense, unfathomable love for you tonight.  Don't we all need to be reminded of that?  I know I do.  Because as much as I know God's love for me is constant, unrelenting, and deep, I don't always act accordingly.  What would our lives look like if we lived out a true understanding of God's love for us?  Check out this passage that the writer of this song based these lyrics from:

Song of Solomon 8:6
"Set me as a seal upon your heart,
as a seal upon your arm,
for love is strong as death,
jealousy is fierce as the grave,
Its flashes are flashes of fire,
the very flame of the Lord."

I read a few explanations of this verse and I love what one commentary had to say about "love is strong as death".  The original language is saying that, "Love is as irresistible as death, which none can escape." We literally can't escape from His love.  So let this be an encouragement to you: even if you don't feel loved tonight, even if you think you have done something unlovable, even if you are someone who doesn't even want God's love, God loves you and He will not stop.







No comments:

Post a Comment