Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Smores and Cupcakes

As most of you know, my son Evan is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, and fish.  I know, it is not fun!  But we make do and we are finding some treats he can have and ways we can make treats so he can have some.  For the most part, I don't encourage sugary treats, but c'mon, I gotta let my kids have something fun to eat once in a while!  So, we made Smores on the grill the other night and Ev, of course, loved them!  Believe it or not, he can have the 3 main Smores ingredients!  Also, we have found you can replace the eggs in cake mix with a can of pop (light colored pops for light cakes, dark colored pop for chocolate cakes), so we made cupcakes tonight to honor of one of his favorite books: "If you Give a Cat a Cupcake..."  Pics are below!  (Daddy even snuck Alea a few bites of cupcake, her first taste of sugary goodness!)  Notice we ate outside and for the most part, without shirts on!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment