Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter

Well, we got home from our hubby/wife vacation just in time to celebrate Easter at our own church with our two little ones.  I LOVE Easter, because to me, it is the day, that changed the course of my life for eternity.  I believe that Jesus fulfilled prophecy (there were about roughly 425 prophecies concerning the Messiah in the Old Testament) by coming to earth as a man, suffering on the cross, and rising again.  Isaiah 53:3 says, "He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from who men hid their faces he was despised,  and we esteemed him not."  People, just like us, put Him on that cross.  They were threatened by Him, which it is easy to see why, as He had attracted many followers.  But the best part of all of this is, it was all part of God's plan.  He sent His son knowing this would happen and did it all for us.  To demonstrate love through sacrifice.  It gives me chills just thinking about it.  Which brings me to how we celebrate Easter.  We basically go to church, take pictures of our family to commemorate the day, and just enjoy the day together (as our kids get older, we plan to be a little more focused on the Easter story, but for now our kids are a little too young to get in too deep).  I don't have anything against Easter baskets, egg hunts, and so forth, (so please don't feel like I am saying you shouldn't do those things!), but we just choose to keep this holiday really simple. 
Just like Jesus, a humble man, with a simple
message-I love you, please accept my sacrifice, and have a relationship with me. 
Alea in front of our lovely neighbor's Tulips-thanks Tiffany! :)

Evan doing his cheesy smile, what a goof!

this little boy has my heart...

Daddy and Evan-they are growling at each other in this pic

Alea was digging in the sandbox instead of taking any pictures-she will be a tomboy!

Our family pic, everyone smiling except for Alea who is mad I took her away from the sandbox!  haha!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment