Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Musical Monday-"If We're Honest"


Just trying a new idea for a regular Monday post as I am trying my best to get back into blogging.  Moving back to the states has been CRAZY to say the least, and now getting settled into Ankeny is keeping us pretty booked.  Which we love!  It is so good to see people and reconnect.
More on all that soon, but I thought I would share a song every Monday that is getting me to think.  There are just lyrics out there that need to be shared and discussed.  Music can be so powerful.

This song is by my favorite artist, Francesca Battistelli.  I just love her.  Seriously, I have had many friends who tell me when they hear her songs they think of me!  :)  The song is called, "If We're Honest".  Please take a listen-it is only 4 minutes!!!

If We're Honest by Francesca Battistelli

There is soooooo much that could be said about this song.  But this year, as most of you know, we were forced to be incredibly real with people.  Many came along on a journey with us and at the end of it we had to be honest.  It wasn't easy like she says at the beginning of the song- "the truth is harder than a lie" and "yeah, it may be hard but the best thing we could ever do..."  Some have even told us they can't believe we didn't just say something else or explain it a different way.  But here comes the great part of the song and some awesome truth-"There is freedom found when we lay our secrets down at the cross."  Seriously, amen to that!  I praise God for that freedom. That freedom wouldn't have happened if we would have lied.  Yes, our lives would have been "safer" in the dark.  We wouldn't have to defend ourselves or have any kind of spotlight shine on us.
I want to encourage you tonight to know that you don't have to hide.  What would our world look like if people were honest to each other, if we were real with each other???  We are all a mess-let's admit it and be a mess together!  God is big enough to handle the biggest of messes.

"Bring your brokenness and I'll bring mine, 
Cause love can heal what hurt divides,
And mercy's waiting on the other side,
If we're honest."

1 comment: