Sunday, May 5, 2013

4 Months...

Not going to lie...time is flying by and the fact that in a little less than 4 months we will be boarding a plane en route to our new life in Africa for a year is really hitting me.  Square in the face, heart.
I feel like God is already stripping me of all the things I think I need to be happy just so He can show me I only need Him.  Starting with time with my parents and brothers last weekend---they are just wonderful to me and to my kids.  And my little brother literally JUST GOT HOME and now I am leaving and when I get back he will be in Texas.   This is not to mention all our other wonderful family and friends that we will desperately miss while we are gone.  Next, I am preparing for a garage sale...yes, yes, I know it is just stuff, and I am not in any way attached to stuff(ask my husband-I am a tosser!), but it is more about the process.  Selling most of our things makes it real-no turning back.  3rd, our home study is complete, which means we are one step closer to adoption.  Sometime this year, 2013, I will be a mother of 3.  Woah...so excited but at the same time I can't help but be a little nervous. And finally, here is the real kicker: we sold our house.  I want to begin by praising God for this!  We listed it a little over 3 weeks ago on our own and we had about 12 showings in that time.  The couple that we ended up selling it to was literally sent from God. Not kidding.  Everything about them was best case scenario.  1st, they are fellow believers, a brother and sister in Christ.  2nd, they are renting, so no house to sell before they buy.  3rd, they are super flexible about us moving out and them moving in.  And what is also amazing is we had another offer from a different couple who would have been equally perfect. God is so good.   All I was praying for was that God would sell our house before we leave in September.  The Ephesians 3:20 verse comes to mind:
"Now to Him who is able to do IMMEASURABLY More than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us." 
I put God in a box and He literally busted out of every side.  

Which brings me to this, as much as we have going on right now, and as much as my emotions are like a roller coaster, God continues to show me that His greatest desire for me and my family is for us to be in Zambia come September.  There is no doubt about that.  And for that I am grateful and I look forward to the year ahead.


Our home for the past 5 years!

View from our backyard

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So excited for you guys and can't wait to see what God has in store for Zambia.

    ReplyDelete