Monday, August 13, 2012

Adventureland time!

Last week, we got to go to Adventureland thanks to my generous in-laws!  Mickey's family from Philly was in town because of his grandma (Oma's) 80th bday bash and they have 3 young kids so Adventureland was the place to go.  I know Oma loved having all 6 (well 7, if you count the one in my sister in laws tummy!) of her great grandchildren around her for her bday.  It doesn't happen that often.  And my kids LOVED it...wow. From the moment we got there, we didn't stop going on rides, they didn't even ask for snack or juice or even lunch!  We had to drag them away for nap, then we had to wake them up because they were sleeping so long and we needed to get back to meet up with the family. Night was the same, ride after ride.  Ev loved the Gallion, I couldn't even believe he went on that thing...They both went on the Log Ride and loved getting soaked.  Alea's favorite was the teacups which made me extremely dizzy! 
I loved being able to watch my kids faces light up in excitement and thrill and I was truly amazed and a little terrified at how brave they were...It reminded me that while it is my job to keep them safe but ultimately there is only so much I can do...they are each their own person and I just have to be consistent in my prayer that God's will be done in their life. 
Here are some pics of my crazy kiddos!
Mickey and Ev on the Gallion-I did put my fut down to Alea going on this, she is so skinny, I thought she might just fly right out!

1st Log ride ever, they loved it!

The landing...safe and sound

Of course, they chose the fire truck!

Opa and Ev on the bumper cars, Ev loved these even though I don't think Opa did since Ev kept banging into everyone!

We even got Old Oma to ride the log ride with us!

Ferris Wheel!

Raging River-Alea wasn't tall enough for this one so just Daddy and Ev!
 

1 comment: