Friday, August 10, 2012

Thankful Thursday this week!

So busy the last few days!  It was my hubby's grandmother's 80th birthday party on Sunday and we had a big party for her in Amana where she lives.  We stayed that night at the farm, came home, unpacked, had friends over for dinner, Mickey helped a friend lay some laminate flooring at their new house, then Tuesday, it was on to Adventureland.  Due to the party, there was family in town from Philly and they have 3 kids so we thought they would all have fun at Adventureland.  And they did!  Wow...my kids LOVE rides!  Evan went on the Gallion 5 times with Mick.  Alea loved the teacups.  They both thought the Log Ride was pretty cool since you get soaked!  We stayed until 8:30-I know we are party animals, ha!  Finally, my hubby went back to work yesterday and had to work at the State Fair today as well so I took the kids to meet him down there.  I only did this because I had a free ticket to get in IF I got there before nine...well, I made it at 9:03 and they literally cut if off right after me.  Phew....I think the lady knew I might have a mini-meltdown after sprinting with 2 children to get there. :) 
Anyways, here is what I am thankful for this past week.
1.  Frozen yogurt creations
2.  Girls night out or as we call it "baby sprinkle"
3.  Memories of playing volleyball
4.  Easy, access to water even during one of the worst droughts in history
5.  Iowa summer sunsets
6.  Sunglasses
7.  Our little basement gym
8.  I got to watch all of the gymnastic girls for the Olympics-simply amazing!
9.  My kids weird sense of humors
10.  I get to be with my kids day in, day out
11.  Beautiful stories of real friendship
12.  Friends pregnant bellies (Kristy, you are still cute even though you feel so big!)
13.  Much needed rain
14.  Grilling out
15.  I get to teach my son for his 1st year of pre-K!
16.  Mickey's grandmothers (Oma as we call her) 80th bday
17.  Time with Willie, Wendy, and their 3 beautiful children
18.  Diet root beer
19. My kids love of the rides @ Adventureland, made it so fun and worth the time and effort!
20.  Every single book of the Bible-amazing how I can learn something from each one!
Sunset at Saylorville-ahhhhh...

1 comment: