Sunday, September 2, 2012

I prayed and...

1 week ago today was a very long and difficult night in our house...My husband who suffers from Crohn's was being struck with the usual pain that sends him straight to the ER and kept at the hospital for 5 or 6 days...  I know this, because it has happened about 5 times in the last 10 years that I have been with him.  The first two times ended in surgeries, the last 3 just ended with more questions than answers in how to fix the problem.  See, surgery could help remove the blockage that causes him pain, but it would cause more scar tissue, which then could result in another blockage.  And so the cycle goes.  Going to the hospital is no fun for him or me...He has to lie in bed, get a tube down his nose through his throat, eat nothing for 5 days, and generally just be in pain.  I have to still take care of our kids and our house so I am stuck going back and forth between the hospital and home.  Now, I want to preface all this too by saying, we are fortunate that Crohns is a disease that is not fatal.  It is difficult to live with and presents him and I with struggles, but nothing like what some of you are or might be going through.
Anyways, I am going to get to the good part.  GOD ANSWERED PRAYER.  I have never prayed so hard in my life for God to heal my husband.  Thankfully, my parents were here and they could take care of our kids, which helped me to completely focus on Mickey (again, I know God anticipated this as I wouldn't have been able to care for him like I did had I needed to deal with the kids).  After supper is when he got the look on his face that I know all too well.  Many times walking around and a good strong cup of coffee helps his stomach to unkink and relax, so we went to Target as it was raining and they have a Starbucks.  We paced for about an hour with no relief.  So we headed home...next, we tried some self-medication (i.e. alcohol) to numb the pain, which worked, but also made him sick as we don't ever drink!  Next up, we tried some good ole chew, yes you read that correctly, I went to the Kum and Go and bought my first can of chew-talk about a fish out of water!  Just smelling chew usually makes him (for lack of a more polite term) puke so we thought it might help relieve some of the pressure on his stomach.  This didn't really work at the time...so we decided to lay in bed and by this time, we were both extremely stressed and worried we were going to still end up at the hospital.  In desperation, I prayed, no, a better word would be willed the Lord to use His healing hands and unkink the blockage.  For two hours, I prayed...and then drifted off to sleep, to be woken up again, by my husband writhing in pain, so back to praying I would go, and back to sleep I would go, when finally about 4 in the morning, he threw up, laid down, and immediately was asleep.  He would stay this way till about 10 the next morning.  WOW...only God!  Every other time he has had this pain, it has ended with him in the hospital, but this time, only by God's goodness, he was about completley healed by 7 the next night. 
I just hope I am getting across the message that this was nothing that I or my husband did, yes, it was us that prayed and believed, but it was God who showed up last weekend in a miraculous way. He is there and He is listening and He does care.  All I did was have faith in God who can do anything!  I love this verse!  We tend to put God in a box, but our minds can't even fathom all He is capable of doing.
Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us.   

A few more verses I want to share about healing and faith:
Matthew 9:20 Jesus turned, and seeing her, he said, "take heart daughter; your faith has made you well." And instantly the woman was made well.
Mark 10:52 And Jesus said to him, "Go your way; your faith has made you well." And immediately he recovered his sight and followed him on the way.
Acts 14:9-10 He listened to Paul speaking. And Paul, looking intently at him and seeing that he had faith to be made well, said in a loud voice, "stand upright on your feet". And he sprang up and began walking.

Just like the people that Jesus healed in the Bible, I had faith  I hope that your faith will be renewed after reading this.  God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment