Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I've Heard that One Before...

That meeting that was supposed to happen on Friday, then on Monday, then on Tuesday at 12:30, then on Tuesday at 4:30, is now supposed to happen FIRST thing tomorrow morning.  We have dealt with many delays here such as getting our car, the container, packages from the states, even other delays in the adoption process, but this one takes the cake.
We went to Lusaka today.  I just had a feeling if we sat here in Chongwe and waited for a phone call, it just might never come (and I think I was right).  Even though it was super hard, we stopped to see the boys first thing.  It had been over 2 weeks, which is just too long for me, and I didn't want them thinking we had disappeared on them.  My heavens they have been through enough in their short lives already.  It was sooooooo good to see their little faces and give them hugs.  We are still working on hugs-it's too sad to even talk about how they really don't even how to give or receive a hug.  When we had to go, Mickey went to tell the housemothers we were leaving, and J grabbed his hand.  I didn't think J was going to let go, Mickey just said, "I know it is hard, we are trying our best to come get you soon." He has really grown attached to Mickey.  E tried to get in our car a few times.  I had to say, "not this time buddy".  "Soon."
After the visit, we went directly to the social welfare office.  We were determined to meet with someone today who would listen to us.  Thankfully, our social worker was there and told us her phone is not working to make calls, but can send and receive texts, but that she was also out of "talk time".  (Talk time is minutes or data or amount of texts you can load onto your phone, there are no monthly plans here.)  We quickly gave her some money to buy some talk time, and she assured us she would keep us up to date.  I am thankful for the time we could talk with her face to face too.  I needed to be assured she is on our side and wanted to know what she plans on saying to the director.  It was a great conversation and we went over what happened last week and some things that she could say that would maybe change the director's heart.  She told us to wait around Lusaka as they were supposed to meet at 12:30.  After waiting around all day, she texted later and said not till 4:30.  We decided to go home at that point, because of the length of drive and supper, and really in the back of our minds, we didn't think the meeting would actually happen today.
And of course, we were right.  Got a text soon after we arrived home, that said now it is first thing tomorrow morning.  I will believe it when I see it.
Anyways, how are we doing???  Honestly, I think I have been through every emotion you can go through, from sad to mad to peaceful to impatient to stressed to restless to confused to thankful to you name it, I have felt it.  God has been working overtime on me this past week.  I am blown away by all the love shown and prayers said for us though.  This is truly the body of Christ at work and I am so incredibly thankful to be a part of it.  And the prayers are working.  During this time of waiting, God has shown me that He is good.  He is constant.  He is sovereign.

Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."

If I believe that Jesus is the son of God, who died on a cross for my sins, even though I don't deserve His sacrifice.   And because of that death, I can receive eternal life through Him, and I know He hasn't changed since that day, then I can't claim He is being bad to me now.  I can't say He doesn't know what He is doing or that He should just do what I want.  God cares about me.  He knows the number of hairs on my head.   

Matthew 10:29-31 states:
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.


What a caring God. He knows me better than I know myself.  Which means, He knows what is best for my life and I do trust Him in that.  


So, thanks again for praying for us, I feel at peace and ready for whatever decision comes our way.  I know either decision will be met with tears, hopeful for the happy variety, but I know God (with the help of all of you), will dry up any sad tears that might have to flow.  


No comments:

Post a Comment