Friday, May 1, 2015

PJ-Did you know?

PJ-
Did you know your red truck with your license plate that said BigPoppy always made me smile?  And that our kids loved parking next to you every Sunday?
Did you know that I appreciated every time we sent out an update while we were in Zambia-you were the first to respond?
Did you know that one Sunday when you admitted that you had wronged your wife and you publicly asked for forgiveness-that I had never seen a Pastor do that?  And it touched my soul?
Did you know that even though it embarrassed Mickey that you would tell everyone that he was firefighter of the year, that deep down Mickey loved that you were proud of him?
Did you know that it took one visit to AFC-one time to hear you preach, and we have never looked back?
Did you know what it meant to us when we didn't end up adopting and you responded with such love and grace and understanding?
Did you know that we loved your grammatical errors?
Did you know you made the Bible come alive and make sense for me?  After attending church my whole life-it finally clicked when I started coming to AFC and hearing you preach?
Did you know that your simple encouragement to Mickey and help in getting him a scholarship to Luther Rice has resulted in a deepened faith and a stronger testimony to many?
Did you know that your immediate support of AgriHope helped us believe we could actually start a non-profit and help people know Jesus through farming?
Did you know we just plain looked forward to spending any amount of time with you?
Did you know our marriage probably wouldn't have lasted if it hadn't been for several different message from you over the years?  There were many Sundays where we came in arguing and left in peace?
Did you know how much fun it was to watch you sing with abandon in the front row each Sunday? It brought a smile to face each time.
Did you know I appreciated when you took the time to read my blog and tell me what you liked about it?
Did you know it was an honor to serve on the missions team with you and see your heart for missions?
Did you know our family loves you?

I could go on and on with things I wish I would have communicated with you, but I hope you knew what you meant to us, what you did for us.  The coolest thing about all of this too, is if you did know, if I would have told you to your face, you would have said, "Praise God".  You knew that the many reasons people loved you wasn't because of you, but of Jesus living inside of you.  Glory, glory Pastor John…you are missed greatly.  We will do our best to care and love your precious Jude.

1 comment: