Monday, February 7, 2011

1st Blog Ever!

I decided to start this blog because I feel like life moves so fast.  I want to document all the lessons I am learning, things that are happening in my life and my families' lives, and how I am really working on truly loving as God wants us to love.  Hence the name of my blog: Love, Life, and Lessons!  I hope that you will enjoy catching up on us and learn right along with us.  So I will just dive right in...
This past weekend we spent time at my husband's farm for my sister in law's baby shower.  She and her husband are expecting their first child: a little boy in April.  We are so excited for them and know they are going to be terrific parents. (even though they are really nervous!) :)  It was a great shower and a good ride home to Ankeny until our son Evan puked all over himself and his car seat.  As we darted off the interstate to a rest area, we were trying to figure out what caused this.  We finally determined the ice cream he had was egg infested!  Meaning it was made with egg yolk, which is fine and normal, but not good for a boy with an egg allergy.  Poor thing!  I checked every label of every food at this party except for that one!  He ended up fine and was actually quite the trooper. 
My husband works today, which most of you know, means he is gone for 24 hours.  So I did a lot of playing and a lot of cleaning up today, and look forward to him getting home tomorrow morning.  The Super Bowl just ended and my dad is a Packers fan, so he is a happy camper right now.  I don't care too much about football, especially NFL football, but I did notice something at the end of the game.  The players jump up and down, but most of their faces don't look truly happy.  Their faces more look like: ok, now what? This makes me think about eternity: meaning these players are happy they won the game, but they know that in the end it really doesn't mean anything.  When we meet the one and only true God, I can guarantee He is not going to mention any Super Bowl game.  Not by any means am I saying I am perfect in only caring about things that are going to matter to God in the end, but seeing this makes me want to try to really focus on what is important.  And that is loving God, loving others, and being a servant and a light to all around us in His name.  
That's all for today!  Need to put laundry away, feed my baby girl, and go to bed!

1 comment:

  1. Just now learning you have a blog!

    Love the observation on the super bowl - couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete