Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blessings

As I sit here tonight and think about how my daughter is 3 months old today, a lot goes through my mind.  I think about how the last three months have been tough and I have been more exhausted than I ever thought I could be.  I think about how crazy it is to have a 2 year old and a newborn.  I think about how I have felt sorry for myself that I am not getting enough sleep, enough time to relax, or enough "me" time. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom, it is the greatest job/role/gift in the world, but it is tough!   Then I realize how selfish and horrible all my thought sounds... God has given me two beautiful children.  So many people can't have children or want to have children but haven't found the right person yet, or there are single men or woman out there that are raising children alone, and the list could go on, and I am having a pity party.  I have a wonderful husband who is an amazing father, and healthy, growing, children.  
When we were trying to have our first child, it took us a year, and that was a painful experience to go through, to have that hope each month, and be disappointed.  But God came through and it brought me closer to Him than ever before.  Then, right after our son turned 1 year old, we found out we were pregnant with our daughter.  This was a complete surprise and one that we weren't "planning" on and we were upset at first!  Yes, I will admit that...  We didn't feel like we were ready for another child and we couldn't understand what God was doing.  But 9 months of pregnancy and 3 months of having our precious baby girl, we know exactly what God was doing: blessing us!  I don't deserve my children, but God has blessed me with them anyways and I thank Him for it.  They continually stretch me to be a better person, to lean on God more, and to realize that my life isn't about me.  God didn't send his Son to BE SERVED, but TO SERVE.  And as a Christian, I am called to be like Jesus, which means to serve, and to serve with a glad heart.  Thank God for the last three months of Alea being added to our family.  I can't wait to see what God blesses us with next!  He is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment