Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Musical Monday: "It is Well"

I know, I promised more blogging, and I haven't delivered.  The whole morning sickness is so much better, but then the hubby got busy farming and left for Zambia.  Blogging is the last thing on my mind when I fall into bed at 10 o'clock at night.  Yes, 10.  I am pretty lame.  But then I came across this song and just had to share it.  This is a song that I hope will resonate with you as it has with me.
Many people are just shocked when I share about how we didn't have running water for 2 months.  And I am not going to lie, it was tough.  We were very blessed to have a well in our yard, but life sure changed for us those two months.  You want to flush your toilet, oh yeah, that takes pretty much a full bucket of water.  It was hard work and frustrating, and we only endured it for two months.  That is the reality for the majority of the Zambians we lived by and worked with. The hubs is there now and they are in the same situation this year as the river is dry and rainy season has not come yet.  This is just one example of a small hardship we faced in the last year.  And I say small, because now I can look back and see that I made it big, while God was there the whole time, providing for my needs and teaching me lessons I needed to learn.  For that, I am just so incredibly grateful.  I can't even put into words how thankful I am for the time I got to live in Zambia.  The greatest lesson I learned this year and boy, did I need to learn it is expressed in this song: "It is Well" by Kristene DeMarco.  It is a new song combined with an old hymn.  The lesson is the belief that no matter what, God is powerful, good, and I can trust in Him.  And when you believe in that, it is well with your soul.

"Through it all, through it all,
my eyes are on you, 
it is well with me".

Even this week, as I woke up, went to the bathroom and saw a considerable amount of blood, and consequently visiting my OB and waiting for the nurse to find that little heartbeat-while I was sad, I knew that if I had lost the baby, there was a peace that overwhelmed me and an understanding deep in my soul that this would not change who God is.  Thankfully, they found the heartbeat and later on in an ultrasound, they found baby was just fine.
None of this is to say I have this all figured out-God is always at work and I need and desire Him to be.  Praising God tonight for the peace that only comes from Him.  I pray that you will accept the peace He offers into your life.  Worship with this song tonight if you have a few minutes-truly beautiful and words that I just keep repeating throughout my day.

It is Well by Kristen DeMarco
 
Grander earth has quaked before
Moved by the sound of His voice
Seas that are shaken and stirred
Can be calmed and broken for my regard
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all
It is well
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
It is well with me
Far be it from me to not believe
Even when my eyes can’t see
And this mountain that’s in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea
So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name
It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well, it is well with my soul 

No comments:

Post a Comment