Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Thankful Tuesday-"Camping Edition"

So.....I know I missed last Tuesday but I have a completely valid excuse, we were camping!  And...the IPAD died and alas, we didn't have the charger. Now, don't worry, we still weren't exactly roughing it, we still had DirectTV... :) My kind of camping!

Anyways, I will get to my thankful list now and a post will come about our amazing RV trip.  Below are the 20 things I am most thankful about our trip to GOD for:

1.  The simple joy of kids playing in the sand and splashing in the waters of a lake.
2.  Watching Evan masterfully climb rocks and seeing his love of hiking grow!
3.  Playing bags with Mickey while the kids were sleeping in the RV (& winning I might add!)
4.  The mini-break in our RV trip for Mick and I to go back to Ankeny (without kids) for our neighbors 10th anniversary party.
5.  Running the trails along Coralville lake and the hills of Decorah (so different than running in Ankeny)
6.  Air-conditiong in the RV during a major hot spell
7.  Having DirectTV in the RV (we don't even have cable at home so it was a little treat and great to keep the kids happy while going down the road)
8.  All the wonderful memories of family reunions flooding back while in Decorah
9.  The kids screaming for "Whippy Dip" in the car over and over-my fave ice cream shop in Decorah
10.  A playground set right outside our RV at our campground in WI
11.  Time with the Kinzenbaw cousins and their lovely wives
12.  My father in law for lending us the RV
13.  Time spent canoeing and fishing at Devil's Lake
14.  My husband who drove the RV the whole time since there was no way I was driving that huge thing!
15.  Going to Bay St. Beach for 25 cent carnival rides!
16.  Sleeping with Ev and waking up with him rubbing my head and saying, "Good morning!"
17.  Watching Alea want to do everything Ev is doing and following him around and repeating everything he says.
18.  Seeing deer out of our RV window in the mornings.
19.  My kids having a love of nature.
20.  Time, resources, and the means to go on an RV trip like this, memories have been made that will last a lifetime.

Psalm 105:1
Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make his deeds known among the peoples!    

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Sis. So jealous and happy you got to spend time Decorah. Really cool you got to reminisce and create new memories there. Praise our Good Dad in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete